Sign Up To Keep Up To Date on CCM Concerts in the Philippines!

Keep Up To Date on Pinoy CCM Events
Name
Email

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christian music news: A conversation with David Crowder


Latest christian music:

David Crowder and his band of merry men released their latest project, Church Music, on Tuesday. Crowder took time to talk about his new CD, the tour and Twitter.

Q: Where you calling from?

A: I'm home in Waco at my church.

Q: Are you stilling living in the Dr Pepper house?

A: Oh, yes! We are doing it large, sitting on that front porch drinking that Dr Pepper nectar. It's good!

Q: In the past you have had trouble with a renegade band of squirrels who throw nuts at you. Have you made peace with them yet?

A: No, they just don't realize that this is about private property rights. The house is mine, and they have all of nature to frolic about in. If we could just agree on that it, would be fine, but they want indoors. We just can't seem to reach a peaceful resolution. There is nothing but evil intent in the squirrels.

Q: You guys are very active on YouTube. What inspired to you to post your Twitter Will Kill You video?

A: We are trying to educate the public. It's like a public service announcement from the Crowder Band to help people understand the dangers of electronic media and the way we connect socially. Safety first, kids!

Q: Whose idea was that?

A: We aren't sure who's to blame. The recording process can be a little tedious and boring. This was one of those distracted ideas that erupted during that process. Before we knew it we were rolling tape and saying a lot of nonsense directed at the camera.

Q: Can you see next year's Video Music Awards? Kanye West will storm the stage and say: “David Crowder made the best YouTube video of all time!”

A: I'll be tuned in waiting for that moment.

Q: Did you use a stunt double for your role?

A: No, I told them I wanted to do all my own stunts. I'm in great shape, I'm agile, and I'm athletic. It hurt a lot more than I thought it would. You can see the hood got crushed a little bit if you watch it real slow.

Q: A real car hit you?

A: It's got to be real; you just take one for the team. I watched it back, and I know I was there, and I don't remember getting hit.

Q: Because of stereotypes of what “church” music sounds like, do you think the title of the new project might alienate your audience?

A: We are just calling it what it is. What the DCB does is write songs for the church to sing. I think if you made a record 20 years ago and called it church music, it would guarantee your downfall. I think there is enough about what we are putting in front of people that spurs conversation, and we think that is exciting.

Q: When did you feel called to do music?

A: I always loved it but didn't figure this would be something I would do every day. I came to school at Baylor with the intent to move back home to Texarkana to work for my dad and eventually take over the family practice. I got to school and studied music. Then a church start happened, and it fell on me to pull together the musical portion. I started writing songs, and the whole thing just took off. I think that is what is fun about our journey with God is we rarely ever see what is around the bend. My prayer has always been just to have enough light to see the next step and the courage enough to take it.

Christian Music News Source

No comments: